The site known as Fishery Wharf dates back to the 1800's when it was used as a working canal side wharf loading and unloading timbers and goods from the working boats, later to be owned by Lavers Timber.
The trout lake behind the site used to be a community garden growning vegetables for the local area. Which we believe was dug as a gravel pit and the gravel used to build the new road.
Fishery Wharf Cafe was first conceived as a vision back in 2012 whilst the owner was on tour and inspired by visiting some amazing and quirky venues and art cafe spaces up and down the country.
We aim to offer quality and service at affordable prices and support to our community.